City of Lake Worth Domestic Partnership Registration
In March 2014, the City Commission adopted legislation that affords certain rights and benefits to qualified committed relationships that have registered with the City of Lake Worth.
To the extent not superseded by federal, state, or county law or ordinance, Registered Domestic Partners in the City of Lake Worth shall have the following rights:
- The same right as a spouse to visit a partner at health care facilities located within, or under the jurisdiction of the City of Lake Worth;
- The same right as a spouse to make health care decisions for an incapacitated partner;
- The same right as a surviving spouse with regard to funeral/burial decisions and disposition of the decedent’s body;
- The right to receive notification in those situations where notification of family is mandated or permissible;
- The right to be designated and to serve as a pre-need guardian.
Partners need not be Lake Worth residents. You may register in person or by mail.
The registration fee is $50.00 per couple.
- Download the Domestic Partnership Registration Form;
- Complete the form with original signatures;
- Have the form notarized;
- Enclose a $50.00 check made payable to the City of Lake Worth;
- Return to the Office of the City Clerk.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 561-586-1662.